Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2018




This is my third half marathon in my life and I've finished it in 2:42 hours! Well done me :)


Registration

I was eager to take part this major race event in Malaysia, so I asked my friends whether if they want to join. They seems not willing to take part because of the T-Shirt's design (green colour) ๐Ÿ˜‚ 


The design of  running T in SCKLM2018


Well I knew a lot of people join race event to get the cool running T. Never mind, then I asked one of my friend, she said she had finals during the period. ๐Ÿ˜

Okay, since no one wants to join, without consideration, I registered this event myself๐Ÿ’  Sometimes it's good to explore things alone :)

Pre-Race Preparation

The race was on 8th April 2018, which was during my internship. I started my training plan from Feb 2018, same as my internship which also started from Feb 2018. Haha..

Luckily my working location is nearby KLCC Park. I run around KLCC Park and commuted back to home. It was tiring but no choice, have to prepare well before getting into the long distance race. :( See on the bright side, it can be rewarding when running at night. You can see beautiful water fountain performance there.

Pre-Race Day

A few days before the race, I went to collect the race entry pack in KLCC Convention Centre. The organizer also held Active Lifestyle Expo. And I got myself some good stuff, 1. Salt stick capsule, which contained Buffered Electrolyte Salts, help to reduce muscle cramps (THE THING I CONCERN THE MOST!) and some Energy Gel :)

Had a scrumptious meal - Nando's to store more energy for the next day run. After preparing the race kit in advance, I went to bed early at 8p.m.

D-Day 

Woke up early in the morning, I ate some bread with peanut butter spread and banana. Stretching and making sure I brought all my belongings, I head to the bus stop and hailed GrabCar.

The race started at 5:30a.m. and now 4:30a.m. I couldn't grab a car! I was so gan jiong. Luckily a few guys successfully grab car and asked me along to join them. :D

Along the journey, to my surprise, they all are from TARUC too! What a coincidence :) I made some new friends Alvin and Edward.

We reached there by 5:15a.m., quite rush dy. We straight away dashed to the bag deposit tent. I saw Chee Yong coming the event too! I learnt that he is doing pacer for someone else.

Ate one energy gel, and we split~

Since my estimated time is sub 2:30, I was in Pen 4 starting point and quickly warm up. :)

The starting pistol fired and it means the race start at 5:34 a.m. The run was pretty smooth compared to last SCKLM 2017. Last run was very tough because my muscle cramp after 13 km. It was disastrous!

The things I liked the most in SCKLM 2018 is along the run, there are some band playing some songs to get legs up. It's quite glad to see them when you are about to give up running. With their encouragement, you will stop walking and start running.

A man who shout my name in the middle of nowhere, I turned my head and realized it was the guy I share GrabCar with. LOL

I completed half marathon in 2:42 hours with glory! That's improved a lot with my first half marathon 3:20 hours~~

At the end of the race, I found out my leg muscles are not strong enough. I should train my leg muscle before the run. ๐Ÿ˜„

Post-Race

I quickly went back to PV and meet Jia Min for the Korean BBQ at Hwa Ga,  located in Mont Kiara. Hohoho, it's time for fuelling up post-race energy deficit :P

We all ordered a lot, 10 plates in total (Meat and Carbo) and thought that we could finish it. Hella, we found out a pair of couple 2 tables away just ordered like 5 plates (?) Jia Min said we were mad LOL

BUT! We managed to finish it LOL. Literally I sapu the leftovers (not including the refills). My friend was surprised to see me to have dinosaur appetite.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

FYI, this is only for two persons

Few days later, I don't feel any muscle pain. I think maybe I run quite frequently before the race! A coach from Run Fast Academy once said, "Train before the race, otherwise you'll be prone to injuries! "

As a avid runner, I'm looking forward for the next run :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The things I have learnt from Year 2022