The things I have learnt from Year 2022

 When I have gone through all my photo taken from 1 Jan 2022 until now, I noticed that I have a great change, its a good one. 

Started of with working during the peak season in audit industry, it was tough. I lived a zombie life, work and sleep, need caffeine to stay focused. My face was not in good condition plus I am having Isotretinoin as my medication for acne.  I would say I had sleep deprivation for almost 4 months. I cant imagine how I have gone through this, maybe my supportive colleagues that stay up late together.

Slowly it comes to non peak season, I had my own free time and started to read books. I enjoyed myself. However, I think this is point of time where I had problem in my past relationship, don't know how to maintain the LDR. It was almost 3 years of getting together. But it comes, it comes. I reflected myself in my past relationship, I didn't love myself much, people pleasing was always my solution to get things done. I tried to work hard/work late to move on. First few weeks I was quite emotional, but thanks to my friends who advised me how to move on. "Time is the therapy", they said. It worked. But how to solve this people pleasing thingy?

I started to talk with different people. I met him online, he is different. We had alot of similarities, including past experiences. After a few dates, and we got together. I only realised be with someone who truly accept you is a blessing. I really appreciate that he is the one who taught me how to love myself, be a better version self. This is where I fall in love with him. 

In Nov 2022, he introduced me to join a 8-week program "Heart of Loving Yourself" conducted by Rain, who is a healer. When I heard this program, some inner voice inside me said, "Joanne, go for it.You need this." I quickly registered 2 days before the program started.  It is an eye opener for me, realised that there is room of improvement to love myself more. I started to treat me well like, did eye Lasik to make me look good and convenience, bought myself a branded bag that I deserve a nice bag, I joined makeup class how to make myself looks better.

Now I feel that I love myself more than I used to be. Even though there are alot of things happened in Year 2022 as compared other years, but it makes me to have that opportunity to learn things that I need to go through. I would describe Year 2022 as "After rain, there is a beautiful rainbow."😍














Comments